Friday, October 15, 2010

Teen Writers Need This Book!

Heather's book I have a teen writer in my house.  He’s written one novel and is planning another.  He’s also won prizes in local writing contests.

When I presented him with Heather Wright’s new book, Writing Fiction: A Hands-On Guide for Teens, he submerged himself in it immediately, surfacing sometime later with this review:

“This. Book. Is. Awesome!!”

And he’s not the only one who thinks so.   Canadian Materials  published a review in its online magazine.  Their response?

“Highly recommended.”

Writing Fiction: A Hands-On Guide for Teens is a must-have book for creative teens or those who work with teen writers – teachers, librarians, parents. With its practical, workbook-style approach, this book provides prompts, inspiration and guidance, all from an author/teacher who knows kids and writing – in short, the whole package.

My teen is using this book to prepare for the upcoming NaNoWriMo challenge – and I think I’ll do the same. 

Check out the book’s website,  and order it from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment